Unit : BD team
Reporting to : CEO
Background : Master with 10+ yrs relevant work experience
Org Level : Commercial Management
Full time : 40 hours
Renumeration : Competitive package (fixed / variable)
Location(s) : Eindhoven (labs), Rotterdam (pilot), Geleen (plant)
Travel : Frequent and Worldwide
– Leadership (enthusiasm, inspires) – Responsible (ownership)
– Strategic thinking (LT planning) – Plan, Organize, Communicate (plan)
– Creative (out-of-the-box ideas) – Team player (buy in)
– Flexible (rules are for guidance) – Ambitious/optimistic (glass is half full)
– Focus (on objectives) – Delivers (executes)
– Self-starter /-propelling (takes initiative) – Ambassador for Ioniqa (believer)
The market for plastic packaging and fibres is going through a systemic change whereby the stakeholders are demanding (on behalf of the end-customer) recycled material. This is translated in pledges by major stakeholders of 50% to 100% recycled (packaging) and fibre material.
Ioniqa is ‘leading the pack’ with its unique and ground breaking technology to close the circle and allowing for plastics to become truly sustainable. You will be responsible for business development activities that drive the growth and development of Ioniqa and increases revenues and profits of the business plan.
Your main tasks include:
- Strategy: planning and coordinating the implementation of the business plan and access of new markets. Prepare and present sales-presentations for clients and internally to the Management Team
- Market: develop new business opportunities through new relationships and expansion of existing accounts. Develop good market understanding and knowledge of the market including targets, industries and competition and provide market reports and feedback to the Management Team. Support in the development of new business, including lead generation and opportunity identification
- Product / License: manage sales funnel from initial contact through testing to contracting. Provide market input for the optimization of the end-product and contribute to the licensing strategy and package.
- Master’s degree with more than 10 years’ business development experience in the plastics and/or food and/or textile industry will be advantageous. Ability to do presentations and negotiate at CxO-level
- Creative, results driven, self-starter with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Possess relevant industry knowledge with business acumen. Have a track record of successful new business developments.
Ioniqa is a clean-tech spinoff from the Eindhoven University of Technology (The Netherlands), specialized in creating value out of waste by using its proprietary circular technology. With a cost-effective process, Ioniqa is able to close the loop for plastics, starting with PET plastics. This award-winning innovation, named National Icon 2019-22 by The Netherlands’s Government, transforms all types and colours of PET waste into valuable sources for ‘virgin-quality’ recycled PET. Up-cycling processes for other types of plastic are being researched and expected to be launched in the near future. Recently a Euro 10M funding round was successfully completed.
Ioniqa strives to recruit women in leadership positions. In case of candidates having equal experience and competences, the preference will be for a female candidate.
Ioniqa Technologies B.V., Eindhoven (NL): Telephone +31 40 751 76 30
Web: Ioniqa.com, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: @IoniqaCircular