Location: Eindhoven (The Netherlands)
- you have a drive to work for a disruptive high tech pioneer
- you want to make this world a better place and see a key role for technology
- you thrive on getting things done and are not dispirited by setbacks
- you are a team player
- you are a self-starter, pro-active and take ownership of your tasks
- you have good analytical skills
- you are creative, yet able to maintain a structured manner of working
- you have good communication skills
- you contribute to a positive work atmosphere.
Ioniqa is a clean-tech spinoff from the Eindhoven University of Technology (The Netherlands), specialized in creating value out of waste by using its proprietary circular technology. With a cost-effective process, Ioniqa is able to close the loop for plastics, starting with PET plastics. This award-winning innovation, named National Icon 2019-22 by The Netherlands’s Government, transforms all types and colours of PET waste into valuable sources for ‘virgin-quality’ recycled PET. Up-cycling processes for other types of plastic are being researched and expected to be launched in the near future. Recently Ioniqa signed a partnership agreement with Koch Technology Solutions (who also provide up to 30 million euro capital) to accelerate the license sales of Ioniqa.
Your research activities in Ioniqa contribute to the successful process development and plant start-up and optimization, driving the growth of the company.
Your main tasks include:
- Research & Development projects in the field of process development, with the current focus on the process of chemical recycling of various polycondensates. The projects concern equipment selection, scale-up and design (determining operating windows of the equipment to fulfill product quality),
- Manage and perform lab, pilot plant and industrial scale plant tests,
- Contribute to process optimization and troubleshooting of the plant operation,
- Strong cooperation and interaction with engineers in the pilot and demonstration plants,
- Contribute and develop Ioniqa’s Patent family.
- Have a PhD or Master’s degree in Chemical/Process Engineering
- Good fundamental knowledge of unit operations and chemical engineering principals
- Have at least 3 years’ experience in industrial research
- Bring experience: we look for experience in process development preferably with expertise in reactor engineering and mixing technology.
- English language is a requirement, it is an advantage if you also speak Dutch
Candidates must have legal authorization to work in the Netherlands. Ioniqa will not provide immigration and labor sponsorship for any applicants.
Hiring manager is Katarina Babic (https://www.linkedin.com/in/katarinababic)